5 Late Arrivals (after 8:00am) = 1 absence
5 Early Dismissals (before 3:00pm) = 1 absence
- North Carolina law G.S. 115C-84.2 requires students to be in continuous attendance for a minimum of 180 days or 1,044 hours. Any parent, guardian, or other person violating the provisions of the Compulsory Attendance Law is guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor (G.S. 115C-380).
- Students should arrive at school between 7:30 am and 8:00 am, however students will not be permitted to enter the building until 7:30am, unless they are in the before school program.
- A student will be considered absent for the morning if he/she arrives after 10:30am and for the afternoon if he/she leaves before 12:00pm.
- Classroom doors shut at 7:51 am and all students entering class after 8:00 am will be considered tardy. Students entering the building after 8:00 AM must be accompanied by a parent/guardian, who must sign them in at the front desk. No parents can accompany their child to class after 7:50 am.
- A letter from the student’s teacher will be sent to the student’s parent/guardian on the 3rd unexcused absence.
- A mandatory conference will be held between administration and the student’s parent/guardian upon the 6th unexcused absence. If the parent/guardian does not attend the conference the student will be placed in In-School suspension until the conference is held.
- If the student reaches 10 absences, they may be retained in the current grade level due to lack of formal instruction and/or they may be permanently removed from the Academy due to lack of attendance. The Circuit Court Juvenile Division will be notified that the student has been removed from the Academy.